John has a long history of working with start-up and developmental stage companies in various fields, including internet, electronics, life sciences, food, wine and beverage, manufacturing, alternative energy, software, publishing, and entertainment. His Emerging Growth/Venture Capital experience includes:
- Representing alternative energy company in venture capital financings and restructuring
- Representing incubator of university-based technologies in technology licensing and venture capital financings
- Represented foreign-owned venture capital fund in connection with more than 20 venture capital investments
- Represented software development company in connection with more than 15 content licensing transactions
- Represented internet-based, data-gathering and publishing company in numerous venture capital financings and strategic transactions
John is Reed Smith’s Global Chair, Diversity & Inclusion, serving as the firm’s Chief Diversity Officer. In that role, John oversees Reed Smith’s efforts to support and expand diversity and inclusion in the firm and the legal industry.